Almeida's Pet Care does much more than provide a pet with food and
water while their guardian is away from home.
As a Professional Pet Sitter, I spend quality time with
your Pets, giving them exercise and know how to tell if they need
veterinary attention. In addition, I offer additional
services, such as taking in mail and newspapers and watering plants.
But just because someone calls herself/himself a pet sitter
doesn't mean he / she is qualified to do the job
A pet sitter—a professional, qualified individual paid to care
for your pet—offers both you and your pet many benefits.
What do your Pets get from Almeida's Pet Care:
- the environment they know best.
- their regular diet and routine.
- relief from traveling and staying in an unfamiliar place
with other animals (such as a boarding kennel).
- attention while you're away.
What do you get from Almeida's Pet Care:
- happier friends and neighbors, who aren't burdened with caring
for your pet.
- the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your pet is
being cared for by a professional.
- someone to bring in your newspaper and mail so potential
burglars don't know you're away.
- someone who will come to your home so you don't have to drive
your pet to a boarding kennel.
- other services, such as plant
watering, driving pets for grooming, vet, etc.
What should you look for?
It's important to learn all you can about a prospective pet
sitters' qualifications and services. Before selecting a pet sitter,
find out the following:
- Can the pet sitter provide written proof that she has
commercial liability insurance (to cover accidents and
- What training has the pet sitter completed?
- Will the pet sitter record notes about your pet—such as his
likes, dislikes, fears, habits, medical conditions, medications,
- Is the pet sitter associated with a veterinarian who can
provide emergency services?
- What will happen if the pet sitter experiences car trouble or
becomes ill? Does she have a backup?
- Will the pet sitter provide related services such as dog
walking and playing time?
- Will the pet sitter provide a written service contract
spelling out services and fees?
- If the pet sitter provides live-in services, what are the
specific times she agrees to be with your pet? Is this detailed in
- How does your pet sitter make sure that you have returned
- Will the pet sitter provide you with the phone numbers of
other clients who have agreed to serve as references?
Almeida's Pet Care has both the procedures as well the expertise that
fulfill every single requirement listed above, such as Insurance,
Licensed, Legal-Detailed Contract, Daily Report, Emergency Contacts, First Aid
Pet Certified, Referrals, etc.
How can Pet Owners help the Pet Sitter and the Pets?
Of course, even the most trustworthy, experienced pet sitter will
have trouble if you haven't also kept your end of the bargain. Here
are your responsibilities:
- Make reservations early, especially during holidays.
- Ensure your pets are well socialized and allow strangers to
- Affix current identification tags to your pet's collar.
- Maintain current vaccinations for your pet.
- Leave clear instructions detailing specific pet-care
responsibilities and emergency contact information, including how
to reach you and your veterinarian
- Leave pet food and supplies in one place.
- Buy extra pet supplies in case you're away longer than
- Show the pet sitter your home's important safety features such
as the circuit breaker and security system.
Finally, have a safe and fun trip. And remember to bring
Almeida's Pet Care phone number in case your plans change—or you
just want to find out how your precious Pets are doing.
Almeida's Pet Care & Home Services